Monday, March 7, 2011

School Post #5 Color Trends

As hard as it is, one of my New Year's resolutions has been to incorporate more color into my wardrobe. So far, I've been failing. However, as Spring approaches, I am definitely going to use the season as a new beginning to breathe some life into my wardrobe under the sea of black, gray and neutrals. The color trends I have been seeing recently (via fashion forecasting sites:my favorites Doneger and Fashion Snoops, the street, and stalking the red carpet) are making it easy.
Below are a few color trends that I am looking forward to..

Red
Seen at the Oscars as a key gown color, red can be also coordinated into ready to wear. Personally, I own one piece of red clothing in my closet (my senior prom dress..). Crazy right? I don't know why I have avoided red my whole life but when wardrobed right it can be sophisticated, classy, and eye catching.

Jennifer Lawrence at 2011 Oscars
Whitney Port

Rachel Bilson
(click through images for sources)

Cosmetic Tones
Ranging from blush pinks, peaches, and foundation hues, all these colors are a great way to subtly transition winter pales into the spring season. Skin tones are an essential neutral, and key color camel is softened with a pinkish tone to create a light, airy, feminine look.

Street Shot from Milan Fashion Week 2011

Top from Topshop
(click through images for sources)

1 comment:

  1. As a self-proclaimed color addict, I've been surprisingly taken by this season's neutrals and blush tones. So feminine and beautiful! Really loving this trend.

    ~ Nia
    www.liveglamordie.com

    ReplyDelete