Saturday, April 2, 2011

March Favorites

As March comes to an end, we are 25% through 2011 wait..how did this happen?! I am counting down the days until Spring Break (16...) and soon enough my first year at FIT will come to an end and I will be headed off to LONDON for the summer. March marks the end of winter (despite the Nor'easter this weekend, which was some kind of sick April Fool's joke), and the onset of Spring. Here are some of my favorite things from the entire month of March 2011.

Charleston Fashion Week
I took a mini-vacation for myself, as I flew down south to attend CFW, walk for a few shows, soak up the sun, and get rid of my pasty white skin. Despite taking a week out of school, mind you it was midterms week, I got to sweet talking my professors and managed to take them early. The rents flew down as well and it was a great escape for all of us. Folly Beach, Family, Fashion, and plenty of southern cookin'. Good things I tell ya...
Folly Beach taken on my PolaroidBecause who doesn't enjoy a serious self portrait? And a comb over?

Madewell's Spring Roll out
Madewell is where it's at, especially for Spring 2011. I tend to find a reason into buying at something every shift I work, which tends to be a problem considering I work 4 days a week. (I'm working on it OK??) With the new Spring roll out however, Madewell makes it especially hard. I'm not being bias because I work here, these clothes are seriously cute.
Here are the newest additions to my Spring wardrobe
shadow & light shorts in olive grove $98.00
wooly sweatshirt sweater in heather cloud $59.50 (from $75.00)
skinny switchyard cargos in white wash $98.00

Pecan Pralines from Charleston Candy Kitchen
*Drool*
Personally, I would give my left arm for a box of these things. THE BEST.
And it is a real treat to see the production of them right on site.
If any of y'all ever make a trip down to Charleston: leave your diet at the door, and save room in your luggage.
Black Swan
OK, I may be behind on the bandwagon, but I saw the greatly anticipated Black Swan for the first time when it released on DVD on 3/29. This movie...was brilliant. It lived up to everything I thought it would be, I'm just blown away by how good it was. The writing, the directing, the acting, EVERYTHING. I couldn't help but keep thinking how much it would stink to be a professional ballet dancer. As a former competing gymnast, I could relate on the immaculate amount pressure from the sport; a lot of crying, competitiveness, and catty girls. I totally recommend everyone seeing this movie though, truly a masterpiece.

Black Swan Official HD Trailer from postadsgroup on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment