Monday, April 4, 2011

School Post #8 Look Books

The J.Crew Fall '11 Look Book is FINALLY here. And finally, we are seeing something new and different produced for the Fall season.. loads of color. Head Designer, Marissa Webb took inspiration from The Great Gatsby as well as Bonnie and Clyde, highlighting rich colors, and new silhouettes such as wide legged pants, cropped sweaters and maxi skirts. I'm especially excited to see the accessory story in the look book featuring stacked bangles, chunky jewelry and great bags (leopard print leather clutch anyone?) What I am interested is how the customer will react to what seems as a drastic change, as J.Crew is becoming quite fashion forward. Overall personal opinion: Bravo, J. Crew...Bravo. I love! Check out a few of my favorite looks below.



images courtesy of Refinery29

2 comments:

  1. This look book is absolutely amazing! I love love love the use of color and 70's trend in their new line. I thought J.Crew needed a little something else to add to their brand and they finally did something worth looking at! I can't wait to shop these looks =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that the J. Crew look book is ready to go! I love the bright oranges and yellows and can't wait to start wearing the wide leg pants. I can definitely see how the designer got inspiration from The Great Gatsby - Classic and timeless.

    ReplyDelete